Out Friday is Mark Wahlberg
From director M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs) comes a lightning-paced, heart-pounding paranoid thriller about a family on the run from an inexplicable and unstoppable event that threatens not only humankind . . . but the most basic human instinct of them all: survival. Mark Wahlberg takes the lead in Shyamalan’s latest suspense horror as a Philadelphia high school science teacher desperate to get his family away from this mysterious and deadly phenomenon…
But what do you really know about Wahlberg. Movies.ie presents ten fascinating Mark-Wahlberg facts.
(1) His music group, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, debuted on “The Arsenio Hall Show” in the early 1990’s.
(2) Mark was originally cast as Linus Caldwell in Ocean’s Eleven (2001) but dropped out. Matt Damon later took over the role.
(3) Wahlberg has a tattoo of Bob Marley on his left shoulder.
(4) His older brother Donnie was a member of the boy group New Kids on the Block.
(5) His first child with girlfriend Rhea Durham, a girl named Ella Rae was born in 2003. The pair had a second baby, Michael, on March 21, 2006 and are currently expecting their third.
(6) Martin Scorsese directed Wahlberg to his very first Academy Award nomination as “Sgt. Sean Dignam” in The Departed. Wahlberg has said that it’s the roles he is most proud of.
(7) He considers ‘The Truth about Charlie’ his worst film.
(8) Wahlberg reportedly kept a souvenir from Boogie Nights, the infamous fake penis used in the final shot of the film.
(9) At 17 year old Mark served 45 days of a two-year prison sentence at Deer Island, an adult prison, after he assaulted a Vietnamese refugee during a robbery attempt.
(10) Is currently filming to play the title character in ‘Max Payne’, a film adaptation of the hit video game.
The Happening is in Irish cinemas June 13th. Check out the trailer below: