First footage announcement for Movie Fest includes 5 minutes from Colin Farrell’s Total Recall.
Colin Farrell’s ‘Total Recall’ & Andrew Garfield’s ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ are two movies that we are giving Irish audiences a taste for at Movie Fest.
One of the highlights of Movie Fest is seeing footage from films currently in development. We have secured footage from some of the biggest upcoming movies, below is a small glimpse at some of the programme, we’ll be announcing lots more over the coming weeks.
THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN
* 3.5 min clip in 3D of The Lizard from Spider-Man
* Extended trailer – Especially cut for Comic Con.
* Exclusive Spider-Man T-shirt for everyone in the audience.
The film, which is now in production and is being shot entirely in 3D, will be released on July 3, 2012. The film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, and Sally Field.
* 5 minute action clip. Total Recall is a new, re-imagining of the science fiction saga. The short story “We Can Remember It for You Wholesale” by Philip K. Dick served as the source for the 1990 movie which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger. Colin Farrell takes over the lead role in the new version, which is directed by Len Wiseman.
30 MINUTES OR LESS
* Trailer and brand new ‘Bank Robbery’ Scene. The director of ‘Zombieland’ returns with this new action-comedy. Nick (Jesse Eisenberg) is a small town pizza delivery guy whose mundane life collides with the big plans of two wanna-be criminal masterminds (Danny McBride and Nick Swardson). The volatile duo kidnaps Nick and forces him to rob a bank. With mere hours to pull off the impossible task, Nick enlists the help of his ex-best friend, Chet (Aziz Ansari). As the clock ticks, the two must deal with the police, hired assassins, flamethrowers, and their own tumultuous relationship.
* New footage from Roland Emmerich’s upcoming movie. Set in the political snake-pit of Elizabethan England, Anonymous speculates on an issue that has for centuries intrigued academics and brilliant minds ranging from Mark Twain and Charles Dickens to Henry James and Sigmund Freud, namely: who was the author of the plays credited to William Shakespeare?
* New Trailer. David and Amy Sumner (James Marsden and Kate Bosworth), a Hollywood screenwriter and his actress wife, return to her small hometown in the deep South to prepare the family home for sale after her father’s death. Once there, tensions build in their marriage and old conflicts re-emerge with the locals, including Amy’s ex-boyfriend Charlie (Alexander Skarsgård), leading to a violent confrontation.
* New Trailer
Brad Pitt stars in the real-life tale of Major League Baseball general manager Billy Beane, who built up a winning team despite a decreased budget thanks to his sly use of statistical data to calculate the best — and cheapest — players for his roster.
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS
* Trailer The relationship between two friends gets complicated when they decide to get romantic. Dylan (Justin Timberlake) and Jamie (Mila Kunis) think it’s going to be easy to add the simple act of sex to their friendship, despite what the Hollywood romantic comedies would have them believe. They soon discover however that getting physical really does always lead to complications!
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
* Trailer The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the first film in the three-picture adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s literary blockbuster The Millennium Trilogy. Directed by David Fincher and starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara, the film is based on the first novel in the trilogy, which altogether have sold 50 million copies in 46 countries and become a worldwide phenomenon. The screenplay is by Steven Zaillian.
MEN IN BLACK 3
* Exclusive MIB 3 T-Shirt for everyone in the audience.
Tickets for the events on August 13th & 14th can be purchased directly from Cineworld’s box office or click here to buy online.
The line-up and announcements are subject to change.
The finalised programme will be announced before the event. None of this exclusive footage has screened in cinemas before, under no circumstances can recording equipment or mobile phones be used in the cinema. If possible leave phones at home or safely locked away. Please co-operate fully with security staff on the day.