Patrick Stewart says NO to XMen February 3, 2010 Stewart reveals no plans for X-Men First Class Patrick Stewart has revealed that he will not appear in X-Men First Class. Speaking at a Star Trek convention in Australia, Stewart said that he doubts he will reprise the role of Professor Xavier in Bryan Singer’s upcoming X-Men prequel. Singer has previously suggested that the film will only focus on a young Professor Xavier and his nemesis Magneto. Stewart – aged 69- joked that Singer is going to hire 8-year-old actors for the project. The actor also stated that working on the X-Men films with co-star Ian McKellan was “one of the best and most fun experiences” he ever had.