Jonathan Rhys Meyers Hospitalized After Suicide Attempt June 30, 2011 Star recovering after claims of suicide attempt in London Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers was hospitalized in the UK this week following an alleged suicide attempt. Reports in ‘People Magazine’ claim that paramedics answering a 999 call found him slumped on the floor. They called for police after the actor refused treatment for more than 30 minutes.” The Tudors star is reported to have eventually given in to the wishes of authorities and was transported to a nearby hospital for medical observation. A Scotland Yard spokesman today said “We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement.” The actor gave “no comment” on the matter when approached by The Sun newspaper leaving London’s Maida Vale medical facility. Meyers is also reported to have been in rehab five times in recent years, including a recent stint at a five-star rehabilitation centre in South Africa earlier this month. A lawsuit filed against him following an alleged physical altercation with an airline worker has recently been withdrawn. UPDATEA source close to the actor this evening told The Hollywood Reporter “It was not a suicide attempt. He did relapse and was hospitalized briefly for that, but was released.” A rep for Rhys Meyers is declining to comment. His latest movie ‘Albert Nobbs’, is due for release later this year.