Page 1 of 5 | «« 1 2 3 4 5 » »»

1096 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

movies.ie says

Hi Everybody,
David Bowie here, 
I'm a part-time web-designer working on Movies.ie 

Tonight we are adding in spicy new cinema times and a new file structure to movies.ie

Instead of movies having ugly names like 

http://www.movies.ie/html/movie.aspx?movieid=1287

They will now read

http://www.movies.ie/movies/terminator

This should go smoothly, but if it explodes or if you notice any errors please post them here and let us know.

Thanks
David B

1372 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Doomofman says

Why do an update like this? Seriously. Put a decent forum on this site before anything else. The pages can have neat names all they want but the forum is still horrible. Nice to see something being done but I don't think it's the RIGHT thing. Feel like you're focusing on the wrong parts of the site.

1780 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

enigmab17 says

Friendly URL's all the way!!

Also, if you want to fix the bug where by if you create a topic without a title the thread still gets created? :P

1191 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

phoebe says

one day you'll say something nice and shock everyone including you.....you'll discover the joy of life and being kind!! 

quote :

Originally Posted By Doomofman

Why do an update like this? Seriously. Put a decent forum on this site before anything else. The pages can have neat names all they want but the forum is still horrible. Nice to see something being done but I don't think it's the RIGHT thing. Feel like you're focusing on the wrong parts of the site.

1372 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Doomofman says

Ever heard of constructive criticism? I'm not gonna sit back and tell them their sites great if I don't think it is

quote :

Originally Posted By phoebe

one day you'll say something nice and shock everyone including you.....you'll discover the joy of life and being kind!! 

quote :

1191 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

phoebe says

I wasn't only referring to this post...you do have a tad negative aura about alot of your posts!!  But you are young....you will learn....

quote :

Ever heard of constructive criticism? I'm not gonna sit back and tell them their sites great if I don't think it is

quote :

Originally Posted By phoebe

quote :

3809 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

masonica says

Came across as belligerant rather than nicely toned criticism. If it were truly constructive you would've had some suggestions beyond "your forums suck". You do make some valid points but if you put them across more pleasantly eg; "It would be nicer if you put the newer posting up at the front and older ones at the back" That's a constructive criticism. All you said was how wrong they were.

1372 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Doomofman says

Ok for the sake of the people on here who seemingly like to piss and moan about everything I say... 

Movies.ie, I feel your efforts would be better used if they were focused on improving the forums on this site rather than on making nice URLs or improving the Cinema listings, which in my opinion at least, are a bit of a waste as I only ever trust the actual cinema's site. The forums layout is, at best messy and add on top of that, it can be difficult to navigate and the system for posting doesn't work very well (i.e Numbered lists and Bullet points) I feel the focus should be on improving the forums which make this site the community it is. 

1372 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Doomofman says

On top of that, in posting that message

1) I can't edit it, which is leading to this follow up post

and

2) The site gave me an error the first time I tried posting it and I was lucky I didn't lose the text of my post.

I feel errors like this are what should be the focus of your efforts rather than tidying up the URLs or Cinema Listings

9274 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Mr_Twist says

leave the fourms as they are they rock like this site

URLs all the way !!!!!

1372 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Doomofman says

At least some people are happy with mediocrity... 

quote :

Originally Posted By Mr_Twist

URLs all the way !!!!!

9274 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Mr_Twist says

3809 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

masonica says

Nothing against you man. If you put your suggestion like the one below (taking out the reference about pissing and moaning) no-one would've actually pulled you up on anything you said and would have applauded your effort to improve things. Civility costs nothing my fellow cineaste. 

Ok for the sake of the people on here who seemingly like to piss and moan about everything I say... 

Movies.ie, I feel your efforts would be better used if they were focused on improving the forums on this site rather than on making nice URLs or improving the Cinema listings, which in my opinion at least, are a bit of a waste as I only ever trust the actual cinema's site. The forums layout is, at best messy and add on top of that, it can be difficult to navigate and the system for posting doesn't work very well (i.e Numbered lists and Bullet points) I feel the focus should be on improving the forums which make this site the community it is. 

3809 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

masonica says

Keeping it old school. 

URLs all the way !!!!!

1372 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Doomofman says

It's just a shame to see a site which such good content and people on it be let down by the amount of errors this website had and the poor forums. Even today I've had 3 or 4 server errors and the site fail to load on me about 8 times.

9274 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Mr_Twist says

Im all about the OLD SCHOOL !!!!

quote :

Originally Posted By masonica

Keeping it old school. 

URLs all the way !!!!!

Page 1 of 5 | «« 1 2 3 4 5 » »»