Ten Things You Never Knew About Cameron Diaz
This Friday, Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher are off to Sin City for the latest rom-com delight ‘What Happens in Vegas’.
The story revolves around two people who discover they’ve gotten married following a night of debauchery, with one of them winning a huge jackpot after playing the other’s quarter. The unhappy pair try to undermine each other and get their hands on the money–falling in love along the way.
But what do you really know about the blonde bombshell? Movies.ie presents 10 Cameron Diaz factoids.
(1) Diaz was set to play Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat (1995) but broke her wrist prior to filming and was replaced by Bridgette Wilson.
(2) Her father, Emilio Diaz, appeared in her movie ‘There’s Something About Mary’ as a “Jailbird.”.
(3) She auditioned for the film ‘Waking the Dead’ but lost the role to Jennifer Connelly.
(4)Cameron’s parents allowed the then-16-year old to spend five years traveling the world to pursue her modeling career beginning in Japan, where she was accompanied only by a 15-year-old fellow model.
(5) She was the second actress to join the coveted $20 Million Club (after Julia Roberts), when she signed for that amount to do ‘Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle’ in January 2002.
(6) Her father is Cuban. Her mother is Anglo with partial Cherokee ancestry.
(7) During her interview on “Inside the Actors Studio” (1994), said that she doesn’t read scripts and wishes movies were filmed from start to finish because sometimes she doesn’t understand them.
(8) During the 90s, Diaz lived with Matt Dillon.
(9) She went to the same high school at the same time as Snoop Dogg.
(10) According to Diaz, her role in Gangs of New York (2002) marked the pinnacle of her career.
Check out the trailer for ‘What Happens In Vegas’ below.
‘What Happens in Vegas’ is in Irish cinemas Friday.