Adam Adams has enchanted Hollywood. After nearly ten years in the business, the former dancer and Gap employee has burst onto the scene in a major way lately, most notably back in ’05’s ‘Junebug’ (for which she received and Oscar nomination) and again in the Oscar winning Disney classic ‘Enchanted’. Now Hollywood’s favourite gal is pairing with Coen Brothers favourite Frances McDormand in the charming screwball comedy ‘Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day’.
Movies.ie presents ten fascinating facts about Hollywood’s most enchanting actresses – Amy Adams.
(1) Adams was raised a Mormon, but departed the religion in her teens.
(2)She used to dub herself “the guest-spot queen”, after almost 20 guest spots on TV series early in her career, including ‘Charmed’, ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and ‘King of the Hill’.
(3) Amy’s first big screen role is ‘Drop Dead Gorgeous’.
(4) In 1999, Amy Adams landed a role on ‘Manchester Prep’, a TV series that never aired. Her scenes were eventually salvaged and used in the straight-to-video film, ‘Cruel Intentions 2’.
(5) Her brother Eddie Adams appeared in ‘Austin Powers in Goldmember’ and is now working for TMZ. He also appeared with Amy in the short film ‘Pennies’.
(6)Her Favorite movies include The Apartment, Vertigo, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Grease and Gone with the Wind.
(7) Has repeatedly said her dream roles include Aldonza in Man of La Mancha and Elphaba in Wicked, the latter of which has recently been commissioned.
(8)Her mother went on to become a semi-professional bodybuilder. Her dad was a singer performing in nightclubs, restaurants and officers’ clubs.
(9)She performed live at the 2008
Academy Awards, singing Happy Working Song from her movie Enchanted,
which was nominated for Best Original Song.
(10) Adams is currently filming with Ben Stiller on the sequel to ‘Night of the Museum’ – ‘Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian’
See Amy Adams in ‘Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day’, in Irish cinemas from August 15th.