We bring you the facts about the new addition to the NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM franchise…
This week, the final instalment in the NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM trilogy is released in Irish cinemas. The film, which stars Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, Dan Stevens and Ricky Gervais, sees Stiller’s character Larry travel to the British Museum to unlock the secrets of the mysterious and magical tablet of Ahkmanrah and save the lives of the museum’s inhabitants.
Rebel Wilson is a new addition to the team; the actress plays Tilly, a guard at the British Museum and brings her trademark awkward humour to the film. Movies.ie gathered together some facts about the actress, for your reading pleasure.
1. Yes, that is her real name Rebel was named after a singer at her parents’ wedding, but used her middle names – Melanie Elizabeth – while in school, to avoid being teased. Rebels siblings are named Ryot, Liberty and Annachi.
2. Smart and funny Rebel has a law degree from the prestigious University of New South Wales. She graduated in 2009. Wilson’s breakout role came two years later in BRIDESMAIDS.
3. Dream it… Or hallucinate it; whichever works Rebel was a Rotary International Youth Ambassador for Australia and was based in South Africa for a year. While there, she contracted malaria and had hallucinations in which she saw herself as an actress who had won an Oscar. This convinced her to pursue a career as an actress.
4. Organised Fun In 2012, it was announced that Wilson would write and star in the TV show SUPER FUN NIGHT, a comedy that follows three friends on a quest to have fun every Friday night. Sadly, the show was cancelled by ABC after just one season.
5. Roommates As of 2012, Wilson shares an apartment in West Hollywood with English comedian Matt Lucas. The pair played brother and sister in BRIDESMAIDS.
6. Who doesn’t love Pizza? Wilson’s big break in her native Australia came with the TV show PIZZA, which led to a spin off movie titled FAT PIZZA. Wilson played Toula in the series between 2003 and 2007.
7. Famous Footsteps When she moved to the US, Rebel performed with the famous Upright Citizens Brigade improv troupe. Other famous alumni of the group include Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and Adam McKay.
8. Sell it The aggressive, hilarious romantic storyline between Bumper (Adam DeVine) and Rebel Wilson’s character Fat Amy in PITCH PERFECT was not in the original script. DeVine and Wilson often went off on improvised tangents when filming, and DeVine would often try to kiss her. The two then devised a back story for the characters and their relationship that was so funny, the filmmakers kept it in the finished film.
9. Pain? Or Gain? Rebel Wilson, an avid nunchucks user, brought her own with her for the sex scene in PAIN & GAIN. Wilson said she brought them to try and spice things up!
10. Next… Coming up next, Wilson stars in PITCH PERFECT 2, and will lend her voice to a character in KUNG FU PANDA 3.
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: SECRET OF THE TOMB is released in Irish cinemas on December 19th 2014